Thursday, September 18, 2008

Time for a change, Drew!


Miss Grimke: I know what you should wear besides the suit suit suit.

DGF: Really. What.

Miss Grimke: One of those lace dresses Miuccia Prada has dreamed up. There are some very very serious dresses in that collection. In particular, a cream one with long sleeves and a turtle neck. It is very you.

DGF: How can lace ever be me?

Miss Grimke: Signora Prada, even though she is Italian and I have no idea how to pronounce her name, she knows what a serious Southern lady should wear. You should wear this.

DGF: How much does it cost?

Miss Grimke: Thousand of dollars I am sure but what's that compared with the cost of a class at the World's Greatest University? It is a serious dress!

DGF: Can a dress ever be serious?

Miss Grimke: On you, a dress would always be serious.

DGF: So I should rather buy a serious dress than bankroll a Boston public school kid who wants to take macroenomics at Harvard?

Miss Grimke: You have to wear something! You can't spend you life in those suits!

DGF: Watch me.

No comments: